Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 7 September 2013

The War of 1812

This week was my birthday and I got many stamps. Most of the stamps are from countries that I had not had in my collection before.

Some stamps are from Guernsey.
This is one set of them:

              

The War of 1812 (issued 16-03-2012)

The War of 1812 between the United States of America and Great Britain took place in 1812 and 1815.
One stamp shows Major-General Sir Isaac Brock. He was born on Guernsey as the son of a relatively wealthy family and was posted to Canada in 1802. He won together with War Chief Tecumseh a decisive and bloodless victory in Detroit. He was shot shortly after, while defending Queenston.
The other stamp shows Tecumseh.

No comments:

Post a Comment