Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 28 December 2013

Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer

This year I got many stamps as Christmas presents. Many of them are from countries which I had not in my collection before.

One stamp set comes from Alderney.

The set is this:


Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer (issued 13-11-2013)
- Santa tending Rudolph
- An elf comforting a sad Rudolph
- Rudolph & his snowman friends
- Rudolph being called names
- Santa surveying the fog
- Rudolph's glowing nose
- Rudolph leads the way

Rudolph is one of Santa's nine reindeer. The others are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Rudolph appeared for the first time in 1939 in a colouring book and was created by Robert L. May. There is also a very famous Christmas carol about Rudolph and his story.
Lyrics:
You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon,
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen,
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all?
Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows
All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudi
Join in any reindeer games
Then one foggy Christmas eve
Santa came to say:
"Rudolph with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
Then all the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee
Rudi the red-nosed reindeer
You'll go down in history

No comments:

Post a Comment