Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 28 December 2013

Andersen

This year I got many stamps as Christmas presents. Many of them are from countries which I had not in my collection before.

A new country is Denmark.

One stamp set is this:


Hans Christian Andersen (issued 02-09-2013)
- The Tinderbox
- The Flying Trunk
- The Sweetheart's
- The Little Match Girl

Andersen's stories laid the groundwork for other children's classics, such as Wind in the Willows and Winnie the Pooh. The technique of making inanimate objects, such as toys, come to life (Little Ida's Flowers) would later be used by Lewis Carroll and Beatrix Potter. The 2nd April, Andersen's birthday, is the International Children's Book Day. In 2006 a theme park on Andersen was opened in Shanghai. The airport in Odense is also named after Andersen.
This are the second stamps of a series started in 2012 and the stamps are again designed by Chinese artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment