Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Sunday 13 October 2013

Sistine Madonna and Madonna of Foligno

This week I was on a trip to Rome. When I was there I also visited the Vatican City where I bought my first Vatican stamp sets.

One stamp set was this:


500 years Sistine Madonna and Madonna of Foligno (issued 01-03-2012)
(It is a joint issue with Germany)

Both pictures were painted by Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino who is also called Raphael.
Raphael was an Italian painter and architect who was born in 1483 in Urbino. Raphael, Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci are the Great Masters of the later Renaissance and had a big influence on the art of the Western Hemisphere. He died in 1520 in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment