Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Sunday 13 October 2013

Ludwig Leichhardt

On Friday I bought the new German stamps.

One stamp was this:


200th birthday of Ludwig Leichhardt (issued 10-10-2013)
(It is a joint issue with Australia)

Ludwig Leichhardt was born in 1813 in Prussia. In 1841 he left for Australia. In 1844 he started his first expedition to explore the continent, in 1846 he started his second expedition. After he started his third expedition in 1848 he disappeared trackless.

I bought also a first day sheet on which is also the Australian issue (issued 15-10-2013).

front side:

Actually will the Australian issue be issued on 15th October, but I already bought it on 11th October


back side:

No comments:

Post a Comment