Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Iceland in the Football World Cup

Last Wednesday I got my stamp order from Iceland.

This is one stamp I ordered:


Iceland's Participation in the Football World Cup (issued 26-04-2018)
For Iceland it is the first time to take part in a Football World Cup. Iceland is thus the smallest nation ever to participate in such a tournament. Although the Icelandic team was one of the favourites for the title, it unfortunately did not make it through the group stage. This stamp is still something very special, as all the members of the Icelandic national football team participated in its design during their training camp in Qatar. It is probably the first time that a national football team designed its own stamp.

I also ordered the FDC of the stamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment