Hello
I am Dustin and I am a stamp and postcard collector from Germany. I collect stamps on children's books, fairy tales and fables and extraordinary stamps.
If you want to swap contact me: dustinhaus15@gmail.com

Visit also my other blog:

Saturday 25 June 2016

Australians on the Western Front

On Thursday I got an Australian souvenir sheet on a postcard.

This is it:


Centenary of World War I (issued 12-04-2016)
In 1916 Australian troops were moved to the Western Front, where they were introduced to trench warfare. Later that year they also fought in the Battle of the Somme. Also in 1916 a referendum was held in Australia about a possibly conscription, which was won by the "no" votes.
- Arrival on the Western Front
- The Somme offensive
- Referendum on conscription
- Matron Grace Wilson (AANS)
- Ties to home

Thank You very much Nareeda!

No comments:

Post a Comment